Fullervision.net Weather Forecast
Little Valley / Cattaraugus County, NY — Forecast Valid Saturday, November 30, 2013 9 a.m.
- The extensive cold snap that hit our area this past week will ease up as high temperatures nudge slightly above the freezing mark the next several days.
- The region will be dry and mostly cloudy throughout the weekend. There are some light showers forecast to move in during the evening on Sunday. The atmospheric models are placing the rain/snow line very close to here. Expect a little of both rain and snow, but not much in the way of mixed precipitation.
- The early part of next week appears to be mostly cloudy with widely scattered and disorganized rain showers and temperatures near or slightly above seasonal averages.
- A strong and (surprisingly for this time of year) slow-moving low pressure system will form toward the end of next week and will, at first, bring a wave of even warmer air into the region but with it some heavy rain showers. The storm will oscillate along the east coast, bringing with it intermittent waves of rain and snow showers. Colder, more winterlike air will be pulled down into the region next weekend, bringing with it windy conditions and ideal conditions for lake-effect snow.
- Saturday, November 30
- Mostly cloudy. Highs in the low 30s.
- Sunday, December 1
- Mostly cloudy in the daytime, followed by a mix of rain and snow during the evening. Lows in the low 20s. Highs in the upper 30s.
- Monday, December 2
- A few scattered showers (probably snow) lingering into the morning, otherwise mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 20s. Highs about 40.
- Tuesday, December 3
- Cloudy with a few scattered showers. Lows about 30; highs in the low 40s.
- Wednesday, December 4
- Cloudy with a few scattered rain showers. Mild. Lows in the low 30s, highs in the upper 40s.
- Thursday, December 5
- Moderate to heavy rain. Lows in the upper 30s, highs in the upper 40s.
- Friday, December 6
- Partly cloudy during the day. Lows in the low 30s, highs about 40.
- Saturday, December 7
- Rain and snow, possibly heavy. Lows in the mid-20s, highs in the low 30s.
- Sunday, December 8
- Rain and snow, possibly heavy. Lows in the low 20s, highs about 30.
- Monday, December 9
- Lake-effect snow possible. Lows in the upper teens, highs in the upper 20s.
Normals / Almanac notes
High temperature: 40°→36°
Low temperature: 25°→22°
Earliest night: December 8
Fullervision Enterprises, Unltd. 2013. — Fullervision.net Home — Weather Maps Page
- Holiday Valley: 6 trails/18 lifts, 10-25" base, powder/packed powder, tubing not yet open
- Holimont: Tentatively slated to open 12/7
- Peek'n Peak: 3 lifts/7 trails, 12-36" base, packed powder/powder
- Swain: 8 trails, packed powder/powder
- Kissing Bridge: 3 trails
- Mount Pleasant: Not yet open
- Ski Denton: Tentatively slated to open 12/14